Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Five minutes with....Our CFAO (Chief Foreign Accent Officer.)

Ad Aged: You’re exact title is “head of foreign locution acuity…”

CFAO: Yes, but I prefer to be called the Chief Foreign Accent Officer. It’s spot on as to what it is I do.

Ad Aged: Speaking of which, what is it that you do?

CFAO: I make the agency seem and sound smarter. For instance, say you’re in a pitch and want to come across as wildly creative and slightly exotic. I put on a Brazilian accent.

Ad Aged: I see.

CFAO: You want creative and a bit ethereal, I summon my Swedish accent. If we need to sound all smart, strategic and plannery, well I can sound more British than Mary Poppins on Benzedrine.

Ad Aged: It’s a gift.

CFAO: Indeed it is. I also keep track of foreign language semiotics. I knew Swedes would be hot when the rest of the industry was still gushing over Aussies. You have to stay ahead of the foreign accent curve.

Ad Aged: What’s next foreign accent-wise, any clues?

CFAO: Three words. The South Seas. As soon as winter comes, I’ll be spending the bulk of my time scouting accents in Hawaii, Fiji, Bora-Bora, the Maldives and Bali.



No comments: