Thursday, December 11, 2014

Nobody asked me but…

… After huge national or international tragedies, 
wait a few hours before posting pictures of your dinner.
…Even if you’re just walking home from the gym, put on pants. It’s December.
…97% of offices are too hot or too cold.
…100% have filthy bathrooms.
…I’ve never really had fun at an office party.
…As great as Macs are, it’s impossible to keep your keyboard clean.
…There should be a ring in hell for recruiters who don’t call back.
…The New York Times does better interactive work than any agency I know.
…I don’t trust writers who can’t spell.
…Most writers can’t spell.
…I spend more time untangling my ear-buds than I do listening to music.
…There’s absolutely nothing I like about Taxi TV.
…I miss S. Klein on the Square.
…And Korvettes.
…And Tad’s Steaks.
…And, though it might be sacrilege to admit, the New York Coliseum.
…When it snows, there’s no good way to get uptown.
…Or cross-town.
…Never get into an argument with a West-Indian cab driver.
…Speaking of cab drivers, tip well. It usually means you can get a cab in the rain.
…Next time you doubt the concept of “genius,” consider that Orson Welles wrote and directed “Citizen Kane” when he was 25.
…Writing on deadline is good for your soul.
…Reporting on the Knicks might be the worst job in sports.
…You can never have too many spare lightbulbs.
…Or batteries.







No comments: