Thursday, April 18, 2013

Two weeks.

I have been remiss.

I have been so busy in New Zealand that I have not written.

Part of that is a function of time.

I haven't had any to sit down and write.

I am out of my usual routine.

Part of that is that I haven't seen the things that usually set me off,
or experienced office "chatter" that really gets me going,
or even read "The New York Times" which is usually good for a post or two.

What's more, I haven't traipsed up to the Tempus Fugit for a Pike's Ale
("The ALE that won for YALE) or had a walk with Whiskey
or had even a single phone call with Uncle Slappy.

I'm both brain over-loaded--over-loaded with a wonderful new world
and some new Kiwi friends--and brain-dead.

I just haven't had my usual acuity. Or what passes for acuity if you're me.

We are off today.

Stopping in Honolulu where I'll visit Pearl Harbor,
then LA, then home.

Arriving Saturday for a full recovery day on Sunday,
then back to the office on Monday.

At that point, I hope to get "regular" again.

Blog-wise, that is.


1 comment:

Tore Claesson said...

"right" said Homer. Hey, your NZ visit has brought you down to my level of spelling....it's like Woody Allen once said: "I don't trust air I can't see". Fresh air can wreak havoc on a NY brain.