Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I need work.

I like to kick back as much as the next guy.

In the patois of today, I'll even take a moment or two to chillax.

But I need work.

I need to be busy.

I need to be thinking.

I need to be doing.

I need to be juggling assignments.

I need to be challenged.

I need to have a knot to untie.

It's not all noble.

I need to compete against others.

I need to find the answers sooner.

And better.

I need to win.

To surpass.

To win.

That's what work does.

That's what it's done since we were living in caves and hunting mammoths in groups. There was always one cro-mangon who led the way.

Work can be nasty.

It can certainly be unfair and petty.

Like life.

Because, after all, it's just like life.

But like life, what's the alternative?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a lot to find out about this subject. I love all of the points you've made.
Also visit my blog ... loans for bad credit