Thursday, February 2, 2012

20,000 brises.


There's a slight article in today's "New York Times" about a man named Philip L. Sherman, a mohel (a practitioner of ritual Jewish circumcision) who since 1978 has performed over 20,000 circumcisions. You can read the article here: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/01/bringing-decades-of-experience-to-the-bris/?scp=1&sq=mohel&st=cse

As I head out this morning to yet another client meeting--I average, counting conference calls, probably ten a week--I think about performing 20,000 of anything. No, I haven't attended 20,000 client meetings. It just feels that way.

Nevertheless, I think there's something to be learned from Mr. Sherman.

Come prepared.

Don't kibbitz too much.

Cut fast and clean.

Shake hands.

Get the fuck out.



No comments: