Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I hate this time of year.

The Holidays. Why is it that everyone has their hand out? It drives me absolutely crazy.

I got in yesterday morning and tipped Simon, my account planner, $50. Wrote a nice little card to go with it, "Thanks for the insights. All the best."

Then I bumped into Karen and Pam, my media people, over from the media agency. A $50 to each of them. "Thanks for the inside back cover. Here's to center spreads in 2010," I wrote.

My proofreader was next.
Then my information architect.
Then my art buyer. "Thanks for the stock photos of men in business suits jumping over high hurdles."

A few hundred smackers poorer, I hunkered down in my office and tried to get some work done.

I hate this time of year.

1 comment:

Tore Claesson said...

hey, hold your hand out and you may get it back.