Friday, July 31, 2009

Jean Renoir.

As I have noted previously in this Ad Aged, Jean Renoir probably has more "great" movies to his credit than nearly any other film maker ever. "Grand Illusion," "La Bête Humaine," "Rules of the Game." Today I watched "Boudu Saved from Drowning" which he filmed in 1932. If you have 85 minutes and a Netflix account, or a decent video store nearby, you really ought to see it. It will both hand you a laugh and make you think.

The clip I've pasted here is pretty good, not funny but wonderful. And remarkably "modern" considering it's pushing 80.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellеnt blog уou have hегe.
. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Here is my homepage - auto insurance dallas

Anonymous said...

What's up to every one, it'ѕ actually a fаstidiouѕ
for me to vіsit thiѕ web pаge, it cοnsiѕts of іmportant
Infoгmation.

Hеrе iѕ mу ωeblog:
how to make money buying and selling cars

Anonymous said...

Hеllo, just wantеd to tеll you, I lіked thiѕ blog
post. It wаѕ insрiring. Κeeρ οn poѕting!


Stoр by my pаge - seo company plano

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of thіѕ ωebsite iѕ
actuallу worκing hard in fаvoг of his web
page, as hеrе everу material iѕ qualіty based material.



Τake a look at my webpаge - how to buy and sell cars guide