Monday, January 26, 2009

With apologies to everyone.


A Topical Poem.

When everything ain't hunky-dory,
The economy is in free-fally,
Clients cutting more and more-y,
The future looking oh so gory,
I do not worry, shake or fear,
I don't drown my sorrows in a beer,
Or seek a blond like H. Locklear,
Instead I say a phrase so dear,
Come closer if you care to hear,
And if you wish pull up a chair,
Relax a bit, let down your hair,
Put on a smile, dry your tear,
And say with me, Oy Vey Iz Mir.

Oy Vey Iz Mir, Oy Vey Iz Mir
When ever there is trouble near,
Just simply say Oy Vey Iz Mir.

It isn't hard, and you can do it,
You'll find it nice and therapeutic,
Its charms are proven, the cure ain't newish,
It's good for all, not just the Jewish.
So stand up straight, don't slump your shoulders
And say it loud and say it bolder,
Shout it now so all can hear,
At the top of your lungs, Oy Vey Iz Mir.

2 comments:

Meg Hoppe said...

Golly...I don't even know what to say.

george tannenbaum said...

I have that effect on people.