Monday, January 26, 2009

Sometimes I just want to scream.


As the creative head of my office, I have been asked by management (whatever that means) to participate in an "Office Evaluation." Here's what said evaluation is meant to do: "The Office Evaluation was established to apply a standard set of quantifiable metrics, consistent with our Agency’s Core Objectives, to executive performance reviews."

Yummy!

Now I turn to criterion 1 and I find this: Become a true global agency that is connected by a common culture and has the ability to work across boarders, disciplines and clients seamlessly.

work across boarders.

Does that mean I have to work across people boarding in my apartment? Or in smaller offices do we actually have people boarding on-site?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I tell people what I do for a living, they always assume I'm a copyrighter. Makes me want to scream, too.

Anonymous said...

I think we should start a new organization called "Hucksters Without Boarders"

I also love "quantifiable metrics." As opposed to what? Unquantifiable metrics?

Tore Claesson said...

Unquantifiable metrics is reality.

george tannenbaum said...

The other bastard semantic affront I've been seeing lately is "the tenants of a brand." I guess they're kinda like boarders.